01 Dec Upgrading Your Hairdo for the Holidays
The holiday season brings up thoughts of festive sparkling lights, family traditions, snowy evenings, and perhaps even extravagant parties! As you head into the holiday season, you’ll likely have several upcoming events that you’ll want to look your best for! If your hair could use a little upgrade before the holiday season, we’re here to help! Whether you’re looking for an entirely new do, or just want to spice up your style for a holiday party, we’ve got some tips. Keep reading for ways to upgrade your hairdo for the holidays.
Embrace the season and make a statement with a new haircut. Here are a few winter-ready cuts to try out:
- The wolf cut is an updated version of a shag cut. It’s shorter at the front and top and tapers down in choppy layers. Its wild style stays cool even during winter winds. You may have seen some of your favorite celebrities, such as Billie Eilish and Miley Cyrus, rocking variations of this trendy ‘do!
- Bangs are a great addition to almost any hairstyle, and you don’t have to worry about losing length. Plus, the forehead coverage looks cute under knit beanies and will keep your face warm all winter long.
- Long layers are a must-have for winter. Opt for face-framing curtain bangs that blend into the rest of the layers.
If you’re not ready to make the cut, switch up your hair color instead. A simple color refresh will boost your natural shade and give you extra shine. If you want something natural and easy to transition for spring, go for balayage for a subtle hint of ombre color. If you want to go bold, you could go all the way to an icy platinum blonde fit for a winter queen! Don’t be afraid of wild colors, either. Pretty pastels are perfect for holiday parties, while bold emerald or deep red scream festive cheer.
If you’re not quite ready to make a significant change with cut or color, a healing treatment could be just what you need. Keratin treatments, specifically, are one of the best options to refresh your hair for the holidays.
Love your hair color, cut, and condition? Great! All you have to do now is find that perfect party style for all the upcoming festivities. Here are a few great choices for the holidays:
- Loose curls that are big and bouncy. Adorn with sparkly pins or clips!
- Braids are a fun, festive choice that can be as intricate or simple as you want them to be. Bejeweled box braids or a full fishtail – braids are back.
- Updos are an excellent choice for more formal holiday affairs. Chic chignons never go out of style. If volume is more your style, go for a curled updo with lots of oomph.
Book an Appointment at Marchelle Salone
If you’re ready to spruce up your look for the holidays, book an appointment with Marchelle Salone today! We specialize in men’s and women’s haircuts, coloring, balayage, keratin treatments, and party-worthy hairstyles! Our talented hairstylists will give you the perfect look just in time for the holidays and the new year.