18 Mar How to Grow Your Hair Out Faster
Almost every girl dreams of long luscious hair that’s healthy, silky, and smooth. We’ve all envied those girls with beautiful long waves or hair long enough to put in a high ponytail and still reach halfway down their back. If you’ve struggled to grow your hair out, you’re certainly not alone. As we age, the rate at which our hair grows actually slows down. However, that doesn’t mean it can’t be done. We’re here to share some tips from our expert stylists to help you grow your hair out faster (And don’t worry, it doesn’t include any gimmicky hair products or just saying to take vitamins). Here are 5 natural ways to help your hair grow faster- Plus one bonus tip that might make all the difference!
Regular Haircuts Will Help
Yes, you read that right- We know, it seems counterintuitive to cut your hair while you’re trying to grow it out, but trimming your hair frequently has many benefits. It’ll promote hair growth by getting rid of any damaged, broken, or split ends. If split ends are left unattended, they can travel up the hair shaft faster than your hair is growing, and cause more breakage. This is why regular salon visits for a quick trim is highly recommended! If you’re unsure how often you need a haircut, check out our recent article that breaks it down in depth by hair length and type.
Foods to Incorporate in Your Diet
While vitamins alone may not be the answer, these foods that include a great amount of nutritional value, especially for your hair, have been thought to promote growth!
- Salmon- Loaded with vitamin D and protein, along with omega-3 fatty acids that keep your scalp healthy!
- Oysters- Good news for seafood lovers! These shellfish are filled with zinc, which is highly important for your hair growth journey. A zinc deficiency can cause hair loss and poor scalp conditions, so be sure to get your zinc somewhere!
- Yellow Peppers- Did you know that this vegetable contains nearly 5.5 times the amount of Vitamin C of oranges? Vitamin C helps to strengthen the hair shaft and follicles and, therefore, to prevent breakage. Toss these in your next stir fry and reap the benefits!
- Eggs & Almonds- Many people have tried taking the supplement biotin, but why not get it naturally through egg yolks or almonds? Eggs are also filled with those great omega-3s!
- Sunflower Seeds- Small but mighty, sunflower https://marchellesalone.com/why-aveda/seeds are packed with vitamin E, which helps to increase blood flow to the scalp and encourage hair growth.
- Sweet Potatoes- Filled with an abundance of beta carotene, the precursor for Vitamin A, sweet potatoes promote a healthy scalp and hair growth, too!
- Spinach- What isn’t spinach good for? This superfood is a must in your diet for many reasons, but the Vitamin C and A are a necessity to produce the oils that keep your hair growing healthy and strong! Put a handful in your smoothie, stir fry, or omelet.
Avoid Heat Styling
It’s no secret that heat styling, whether it be with a blow dryer, straightener or curling iron, can cause damage to your hair. The heat can break the strands of hair that you’re working to diligently to grow longer. When possible, try to style your hair without heat. Try sleeping with your hair in braids or buns for a natural wave, or even experiment with natural updos!
Skip A Wash (Or Two!)
Shampooing your hair every single day can strip the natural oils from your hair that are necessary to nourish your scalp and promote growth. Try washing your hair every other day, or using a gentle dry shampoo between washes.
Give Your Scalp Some Love
This is one step that most people neglect, but perhaps one of the most important! Focusing on your scalp during your hair wash is key. Massaging your scalp while shampooing or during a deep condition for at least 3 minutes a day can help to stimulate the hair follicles and promote growth.
Bonus Tip- Aveda’s Best Products for Hair Growth!
Once you’ve started incorporating all of these tips into your daily routine, the last step is finding a shampoo and conditioner that will best complement your efforts. Staying in line with these natural solutions, Aveda products are derived from plants to nourish your hair while being easy on the environment, too. The Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo and conditioner is a great line to promote hair growth, as it includes peppermint and caffeine which improve scalp health by promoting blood flow to the scalp. These ingredients encourage strong hair growth from the root that won’t break or split!
Talk With Your Hair Stylist
Want to learn more about Aveda’s products and other tactics for hair growth? Speak with one of our experienced stylists at Marchelle Salone in Arlington today! Give us a call or stop by today. We’re an Aveda concept salon, and also sell products in the salon that allow you to recreate that salon-fresh look right at home!